Recipes by: Rj of Urban Table
Photo styling & Art Direction by: Traci of Urban Table
Photography & Art Direction by: Heather of Heather Gill Photography
Chilled Zucchini Soup
5 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
2 medium yellow onions, coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons butter
1 quart organic chicken broth
1 cup cream (light, medium or heavy – your choice)
salt & pepper
1 medium zucchini, julienned and blanched for 1 minute (for garnish)
- Over low heat, in a large sauce pan, melt the butter and add the chopped onions and chopped zucchini. Stir, then cover and sweat for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, add 1 tablespoon curry powder and cook for about 2 minutes while stirring to avoid scorching the curry powder. Then slowly pour in the chicken broth, stirring as you go. Bring to a boil then back down to a gentle simmer. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the zucchini and onions are very soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Pour the cooled mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. Add the cream and blend to combine. Wait to do the final seasoning until serving. Curry intensifies when cold so let the soup rest a bit before adding more.
- Chill further before serving. Have chilled serving bowls ready. Add julienned and blanched zucchini for garnish on top.
Happy Wednesday! Thank you for joining us. We would love to connect with you and hear if you made the recipe. Please connect with us in the comments or on our Facebook page.
Modern Day Forager