Recipes by: Rj of Urban Table
Photo Styling & Art Direction by: Traci of Urban Table
Photography & Art Direction by: Heather of Heather Gill Photography
These little bites are really fantastic. We are sure you will love these as much as we do. The brioche is much softer then a baguette even when toasted so it won’t take away from the cheese and grilled pear. Yes, we said grilled pear.
Loaf of brioche
1/3 cup walnut oil
6 oz Stilton Cheese
3 Anjou pears (grilled)
1/2 cup fresh rosemary walnuts (recipe below)
honey for drizzling
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and set the grill to high.
- Brush pear slices with walnut oil and grill until softened. Make a turn half way through so you can get the nice cross hatch grill marks.
- Slice brioche into 1/2 inch think slices.
- Brush with remaining walnut oil and bake until golden brown.
- While still warm top with cheese then pear. (We did 2 layers of this.) Then sprinkle with rosemary walnuts and drizzle with honey.
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 springs fresh chopped rosemary
olive oil (for frying)
salt to taste
- In a skillet set on medium high heat, heat the oil.
- Fry walnuts until they float and remove from oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and chopped rosemary.
You might want to make more of these because they are lovely on their own or on salads to add a bit of crunch.
Well, we are almost done for the week! What do you think is up for Friday? Let us know in the comments or on our Facebook page.
Modern Day Forager