Recipes by: Rj of Urban Table
Food Styling & Art Direction by: Traci of Urban Table
Photography & Art Direction by: Heather of Heather Gill Photography
So we have a second recipe for you today. We thought you might need something to eat with all the cocktails we are giving you. So how about some fancy nuts! Okay so they aren’t super fancy but they are super easy.
Sweet & Salty Nuts
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter – unsalted as well
5 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a large skillet pan, on medium high heat, dry roast the nuts. Stir frequently so they don’t burn, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter and continue cooking until the nuts start to darken, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cumin, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, salt and brown sugar. Add a tablespoon of water and continue stirring to coat all the nuts with sugar and spices.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a parchment lined pan. Spread them out in a single layer and allow them to cool and harden, about 10-12 minutes.
- When cool transfer to an airtight container.
Modern Day Forager