Summertime Melon, Salchichon Salame, Local Greens with Saffron Honeydew Splash
- 1 cup Tuscan cantaloupe, cubed
- 1/2 cup white honeydew, cubed
- 1/2 cup yellow honeydew, cubed
- 1 cup Asian melon, cubed
- 2 cups Tuscano kale, chopped
- 1 cup chard, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 head frisee lettuce, chopped (any well textured lettuce will work)
- 1 bulb fennel, julienned
- 1/4 pound Salchichon salame, julienned (any cured meat will work)
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
Season with salt and pepper then toss.
- 2 cups honeydew melon, seeded and cubed
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (neutral)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4-6 threads of Saffron
- salt and pepper to taste
Puree honeydew in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl, pressing with a wooden spoon.