Recipes by: Rj of Urban Table
Photo styling & Art Direction by: Traci of Urban Table
Welcome to the week of zucchini! If you are anything like us we have zucchini in abundance and are running out of ways to use them. We start our week with this very versatile vegetable. There is plenty of lemon in these to give it a bit of a zing and keep you coming back for more! Also, these are kid approved, of all ages!
Makes 30 medium size cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
1 cup shredded zucchini (1 medium sized zucchini)
1/3 cup pecans, chopped (0ptional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixer and cream together until light and fluffy. (about 3 minutes)
- Add egg and mix until incorporated. Scrape down sides. Add lemon zest and zucchini, mix until fully combined.
- With the mixer on low slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until completely mixed in. (Do not over mix.)
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a spoon add measured dough to a lined cookie sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until edges of cookies are golden. Let cool on pan for 1 minute then transfer to wire racks to finishing cooling.
These would be so lovely served with vanilla ice cream or a cup of tea. We would love to hear if you try this recipe. You can also connect with us on Facebook. See you tomorrow for another zucchini recipe!
Modern Day Forager